Legal Disclaimer – Attorney Advertising
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF SERVICES & LEGAL NOTICES (THE “TERMS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE CONSOVOY MCCARTHY PLLC WEBSITE.
The Terms tell you about your (and our) rights and make certain disclosures required by the law. By using the Site, you agree to the Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms, you may not use the website. Consovoy McCarthy PLLC (“CM”), in its sole discretion, can modify, add, or remove any Terms without giving individual notice to you, by posting the changes on the website. Your continuing use of the website signifies your acceptances of any such changes.
CM provides the information on this website as a service to its visitors. CM makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the contents of this site or of websites to which it links. CM assumes no liability for any reliance on the information provided.
The material on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The material is not guaranteed to be accurate or current. Information provided by or cited to third parties does not necessarily reflect the opinions of CM or its clients.
Your receipt of the information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship or contract with CM. This information is not intended to substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney. You should not act or rely on any information on this website without seeking the advice of an attorney. CM cannot and will not act as your lawyers unless you and CM expressly agree, in writing, that we will act as your lawyers. The statute of limitations (the deadline imposed by law within which you may bring a lawsuit) may severely limit the time remaining for you to file any potential claims you may have.
By submitting information to us, you agree and understand that we may contact you directly should we have any interest in discussing your potential claim(s) with you, unless you request in writing your desire not to be contacted. By submitting information to us, you also agree that we may use your contact information to send you electronic newsletters. In no event are we obligated to contact you with regard to your potential claim(s), but rather, we may or may not do so at our sole discretion. By accepting the submission of your information, we do not offer any advice on whether you may have a legal remedy for your potential claim(s); we make no representation or guarantee that you will obtain satisfaction, justice, or compensation for your potential claim(s); and we do not offer any opinion whatsoever concerning the merits of any potential claim you might have. If both CM and you do not agree in writing to create an attorney-client relationship, none will exist. In the meantime, you should seek and retain the advice of other counsel if you intend to pursue any potential claims to avoid having your potential case barred by relevant statutes of limitation, statutes of repose, and/or other similar deadlines by which you must bring a lawsuit or lose the right to do so.
By submitting information to, reading, participating, or otherwise using the Site, you agree that you will abide by the following rules:
- The Site may only be used in good faith and may not be used to transmit or otherwise make available any information that is false or that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements), to threaten, abuse, harass, or invade the rights of any person or entity, to infringe on any person or entity’s intellectual property rights, or in any other way that could reasonably be deemed unethical, illegal, or offensive.
- You may not misidentify yourself or impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity (e.g., pretend to be a different person or from a different company or organization.).
- Unless you have our prior written consent, you will not post advertisements or promotional materials, solicit participants and/or visitors of the Site, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site or its Services, use of the Site or it Services, or access to the Site or its Services.
- You are prohibited from using any type of computer “worm,” “virus” or any other device that is intended or is likely to disrupt, overload, or otherwise impair the workings of any part of the Site. If you do engage in such conduct, the resulting damage will be hard to quantify as a dollar amount and thus you hereby agree to pay us liquidated damages in the amount of $5,000 for each day that the Site is damaged until the Site is completely repaired. This amount is derived by estimating the value of (1) the loss of good will caused by an inoperable website, (2) the time and money it will take to repair the Site and to address the concerns of visitors. We are required to use reasonable efforts to repair the Site as quickly as possible. This clause will not prohibit us from seeking additional compensation if your conduct injures us in a way not expressly contemplated herein. You are not permitted to collect or store personal data about other users.
- You are not permitted to access the Site for the purpose of data mining or extracting content from the Site beyond your personal end use.
- You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site.
- You agree to not harm minors in any way.
- You shall not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
- In the event you submit information through the Site, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information and agree to promptly update the information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, and/or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your participation in the Site and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the Site or its services (or any portion thereof).
- You understand and agree that all information, statistical data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (Content), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted by you and other users of our service, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not us, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Site. We do not control all of the Content posted via the Site and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Site. You acknowledge that we may or may not pre-screen Content, but that we and our designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Content that is available via the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, we and our designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) to remove any Content that violates this agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
- If you are an attorney, participating in any aspect of this Site, you acknowledge that rules of professional conduct apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by such rules. The rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. We disclaim all responsibility for your compliance with these rules.
Third-party content may appear on this Site or may be accessible via links from this Site. We shall not be responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third-party content appearing on the Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third-party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by us nor does it reflect our beliefs.
CM’s attorneys practice in federal courts throughout the United States. CM’s attorneys also practice in state courts where they are admitted or allowed to practice. All states and jurisdictions have statutes that make it unlawful for any person or group of persons to hold themselves out as attorneys unless they are licensed to practice as an attorney at law. This website does not constitute a solicitation in any state where CM’s attorneys are not admitted and licensed to practice.
This website may be considered advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules. The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. You may request additional information about our firm, and we encourage you to review other sources of information about our firm. CM does not offer any guarantee of case results. Past success in litigation does not guarantee success in any new or future lawsuit.
If you communicate with us through our website or otherwise in connection with a matter for which we do not already represent you, your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential. If you communicate with us by email in connection with a matter for which we already represent you, please remember that email may not be secure. You should avoid sending sensitive or confidential email messages, unless they are adequately encrypted. If you prefer to contact CM by phone, please call (703) 243-9423.
This website may contain links to other resources on the Internet. Those links are provided as to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest, and are not intended to state or imply that CM sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links.
CM may alter, suspend, or discontinue this website at any time for any reason, without notice or cost. The website may become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction or other reasons.
This website is the property of CM and is intended for informational purposes solely. CM is not sponsored by, affiliated with, approved by, or endorsed by any of the companies or individuals identified herein.
Any disputes arising out or related to use of this Site, this agreement and/or the relationship between you and us shall be submitted to arbitration in Arlington, Virginia carried out in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
Individual attorneys at CM are licensed to practice law in Illinois, Virginia, Massachusetts, Utah, Maine, Connecticut, Tennessee, California (active and inactive), and the District of Columbia (active and inactive). No CM attorney is an active member of the State Bar of California except for Bryan Weir and Steven Begakis.
To the extent state bar rules require CM to designate a principal office and/or single attorney responsible for this Site, CM designates Patrick Strawbridge as the attorney responsible for this website.